The current bell is from the Methodist Episcopal Church which was built at the southeast corner of what is now Russell Avenue and Oak Street in 1887. It was known as the Trinity Methodist Church. After seeing the bell laying on the ground behind the church education wing, the Methodist Youth Fellowship began raising funds to erect it. One fund raiser was a Rock-a-Thon in rocking chairs. The bell tower was erected in 1976.